#AmWriting is a show about writing, reading, and getting (some) things done. Jessica Lahey writes the Parent-Teacher Conference column for the New York Times’ Well Family and is the author of “The Gift of Failure: How the Best Parents Learn to Let Go So Children Can Succeed.” KJ Dell’Antonia is a columnist and contributing editor for the New York Times’ Well Family. In their podcast, they talk about writing short form, long form and book length, give tips for pitching editors and agents and constantly revise how they tackle the ongoing challenge of keeping your butt in the chair for long enough to get the work done.
About KJ and Jess:
KJ Dell’Antonia is the lead writer and editor of the New York Times’ Motherlode/Adventures in Parenting blog, responsible for writing, selecting or editing its contents since 2011.
Jessica Lahey is an educator, writer, and speaker. She is an English and writing teacher, correspondent for the Atlantic, commentator for Vermont Public Radio, and writes the “Parent-Teacher Conference” column for the New York Times. She is the author of the New York Times bestselling book, The Gift of Failure: How the Best Parents Learn to Let Go So Their Children Can Succeed.
- #OrganizedWriter 2
- #OrganizedWriter 1
- #WriterGifts, ‘Tis the Season to Write
- #WriteWhatYouKnow, Your Experience Is Valuable
- #NosyFamilies, Talking About Your Work
- #WhenToQuit, Get Your Butt Outta the Chair
- #OpEd, Own Your Expertise
- #UniTasking, Is that a Thing?
- #ReadingtheComments, the Good the Bad and the Ugly
- #AskAnAgent, A Sit-Down with Jenny Bent
- #FirstWords, How to Start the Day
- #OfficeWoes, Making Do with Little or No Office Space
- #BuildingAnAudience (Pretty Much What It Sounds Like)
- #AmBlogging, Should I Start a Blog?
- #AgentSecrets, Finding and Getting an Agent
- #WorkingMess, Harnessing the Energy of Spontaneity
- #OwItHurts, Taking Care of the Body While Flexing the Mind
- #FreshFallStart, Vacation Was Nice Now Back to Work
- #BeforeTheBook, Things You Can Do to Ensure the Success of Your Work
- #ItTakesTwo, How to Write with a Partner
- #HowItsDone, A Step By Step for Self-Publishing
- #MistakesWereMade, The Quest for Truth and Perfection
- #AmDissecting, Adding Structure to Creativity
- #WriteNow, Feed Your Writing, with Reading, Bouncy Balls and Silence
- #ActuallyTypingWords, Stay in the Chair and Write Now!
- #DeadofExposure, Should You Write for Free and Great Long Reads
- #AmResearching, Keep Those Notes Organized, and Remember When...
- #AmRecommending, Tech Tools (High and Low) and A Special Contest
- #AmConferencing, Writing it Down and Making Connections
- #AmInterviewing, The Art of the Interview and Ignoring the Inbox
- #AmOverwhelmed, Killing Other People’s Darlings and Timing Pitches
- #AmPitching, Good Strategies and Unexpected Hurdles
- #AmProcrastinating, with Frankensock and Poop